Mini dental implants are similar to traditional dental implants, but they are used for narrow or smaller spaces. This type of implant is perfect for patients that naturally have smaller teeth. Mini dental implants can be used for single tooth restorations or full arch restorations. The procedure for mini dental implants is typically less invasive compared to traditional implants, and is usually a less expensive option.
Traditional dental implants are made of two pieces. The first piece is a screw that acts like the tooth’s root, and the second is an abutment piece or connector that holds the crown in place. Mini dental implants only have one piece that is screwed down into the jawbone. The implant has a ball on top, and this is what allows the crown to affix securely to the implant.
If you have been recommended for mini dental implants there are many benefits to consider.
What Are the Benefits of Mini Dental Implants?
- Mini dental implants are more affordable compared to other implant solutions.
- Healing time tends to be reduced because the procedure for mini dental implants is not as involved.
- The procedure is less invasive compared to other options.
- Bone grafting may not be needed with mini dental implants even if the patient’s jaw has low bone density.
- Provide a quality solution for single tooth restorations as well as smaller spaces.
- Mini dental implants can last a lifetime with good oral hygiene at home.
Am I A Good Candidate for Mini Dental Implants?
Patients that tend to have bone loss are typically good candidates for mini dental implants. Other criteria we look at include patients that do not smoke, grind their teeth, or have gum disease. If patients smoke or have other medical conditions, this increases the chance of implant failure.
During our detailed consultation process we will discuss what the requirements are, and take a good look at your teeth and mouth. This will allow our team to recommend which restorative solution is best for you.
Interested in Finding Out More?
If you are interested in finding out more about mini dental implants and if they are the right choice for you, we encourage you to schedule a consultation with us. This will give us the opportunity to take a detailed look at your mouth and teeth, and determine what solution is right for you. Taking that next step to a beautiful smile is easy, and our team is here to help.
To schedule your implant consultation please Contact Our Office, and our friendly staff will be happy to assist you!